Since I posted this on a friends wall… I thought I’d share this with you.
This, and shopping in fashion districts, is literally how I afford to do the cosplays I do.
- Sign up for the mailing list to get the physical coupons
- Sign up for the e-mail list to get the email coupons
- Get the smartphone app for even more coupons
- Go to this site to get MORE coupons. This will give you another generic email coupon sometimes as well as the semi-broken mobile joanns app that has EVEN MORE coupons
- If you’re not buying fabric or sewing notations, bring Michaels and AC Moore coupons since you can use AS MANY as those that you can use since they accept all competitor coupons
THINGS ABOUT JO-ANN COUPONS
- The mobile app for apple and droid give out different coupon codes
- Mailer coupons (like the ones with your name on it), I’ve so far noticed, have unique codes per customer
- E-mail coupons that are unique per customer if it has your name on the coupon (like mailer ones)
- The derpy mobile Jo-Ann’s app has a different code than the apple/droid mobile Jo-Ann’s
- If the code is different by 1 number, you can use both coupons in one purchase
- All Michaels and AC Moore coupons (including mobile/digital) works on all Jo-Ann’s products other than sewing stuff
RULES OF THUMB
- Jo-Anns runs 50% coupons during major holidays, two coupon commotions per year, and usually every 3 weeks otherwise
- Looking for Casa Fabric? Wait for Prom, Easter, and Christmas
- Casa Fabric I’ve noticed goes down to flat rate prices of 3.99-4.99/yrd three times a year. Want that 18/yrd fabric? Wait till its 4 bucks.
- Looking for Brocade, Unique Fabrics or Patterns? Wait for Halloween
- Brocade tends to go 50% off at least once every two months I’ve noticed
- Looking for Fleece? Wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Blizzard Fleeces go on crazy sales around Black Friday, but it can be extremely hard to get it on those days so be weary
- If your fabric is on sale this week for 30% off, and you have a 50% off coupon for the next two weeks, wait for the sale to drop and pick it up with a coupon
- Patterns tend to go on sale for $1-2 every couple of weeks. It normally is a one day sale for a certain brand one week, and then a one day sale for another brand the week after. Stock up on patterns you think you may use (This is especially good around Halloween)
- Unless you’re pressed for time, always wait for the 50% off sale or the 50% off coupon
- Mobile and digital coupons are unlimited. If you’re not too far from your Jo-Ann’s you can make multiple trips
- You are more likely to get a 50% off coupon to use on non sale fabric then you are to find it on sale for more than 30% off
- If you’re shopping online and find the Teacher Discount code, you can use it without being a teacher! They can’t check online and thats an extra % off.
And my biggest rule for shopping at any craft store?
50% OFF OR BUST!
From Pancake Police
- 1. If you’re a student, sign up for the Student Discount Card! When you run out of coupons, it’s nice to have this extra bonus that takes 10% off of your purchase. I believe it’s good for sale items too?
- If you can’t find enough coupons from Joann’s, they’ll take competitor’s coupons too! (This is a little tricky— for fabric, they won’t take Michael’s or AC Moore’s because their competitors won’t sell it, but it’s good for beads, wire flowers, basically everything else. Hancock’s Fabric coupons should work for fabric, though!
- Not all mailer coupons have different barcodes per person, only the 40/50% off ones on the back of the mailer are different. Anything inside the mailer will be the same coupon code and thus you can’t use duplicates on the same transaction.
- Don’t be afraid to combine % off your total purchase coupons with % off items coupons. The % off your total purchase coupons will just come off of anything that the other coupons don’t apply to, including sale items.
- Be nice to your cashier and hand them your coupons in the order that they should be scanned! Highest percentage off individual items first, moving down, and any % off total purchase coupons last. It makes your transaction faster and gets you the best deal possible.
- Very occasionally, the notions wall and thread will all be 50% off, sometimes with a % off your total purchase coupon available simultaneously. Take advantage of these times and stock up on notions and thread! 25% off of notions already 50% off is nothing to sneeze at. (The last time this happened was New Year’s and I believe it happens at least one other time every year.)
You can also download the Hobby Lobby mobile app and use that for more fabric discounts.
Trans women are beautiful warriors who have such incredible strength to be able face so much shit every day just to exist and if you think treating them as a fetish is somehow “being an…
It’s not a matter of a phobia, or of people being “scumbags” you fanatic. It’s a simple disagreement. I think if a man has sex with a person with a dick, they should at least be considered bi. It’s not that there’s anything wrong with that. Straight men don’t like dick. That’s the way it is.
No, that’s actually not “the way it is”. Trans women are women. And you don’t get to decide what other people’s sexualities are. If a dude says he’s straight, he’s straight until he decides he’s something else.
So a guy can call himself straight regardless of what he puts in his mouth or anus? That’s funny.
In short you are wrong. The two sex binary is a flawed social construct that literally has no basis in reality whatsoever. Some form if intersex characteristics happen in approximately 2% of all live births in humans. That’s 2 out of every 100 which in a world with billions of people is a lot of people that don’t fit into either “male” or “female” and that obviously doesn’t include trans* people which makes the statistics higher. And that also doesn’t include the people who aren’t technically intersex but also don’t fully fit the biological construct of what a male or female “should” be which is far far more people that you realize or most medical doctors willing to admit.
In our society sexing is based on 5 criteria:
- genes - XX or XY chromosomes with variations happening for XO, XXY, and XXX
- gonads - ovaries or testes except that people with vaginas can have testes, people with penises can have ovaries, and people can be born with both ovaries and testes
- genitalia - a penis or a vagina except that people can be born with both and men can have vaginas and women can have penises
- secondary sex characteristics - in theory men are supposed to have large amounts of thick, coarse body hair, a low waist/hip ratio, broad shoulders, undeveloped breasts, and deep voices while women are supposed to have small amounts of fine, light colored, soft body hair, a high waist/hip ratio, petite shoulders, developed breasts, and high voices except that in real life it’s entirely possible for people to have combination of those characteristics or for men to have “feminine” secondary sex characteristics and women to have “masculine” secondary sex characteristics
- hormone patterns - in theory men are supposed to be high testosterone and low estrogen and women are supposed to have high estrogen and low testosterone but in reality there is far far more variation within “each” sex than between “each” sex including women having “masculine” hormone patterns and men having “feminine” hormone patterns all without those people having any sort of “disease” or “disorder” or anything being wrong with them at all.
Once we take into account all 5 of those criteria an actual majority of people don’t line up with either male or female in all 5 areas which means it’s not possible to classify most people along the strict binary the way people like you would like to. So, sure, there are things in this world that qualify as technically male or technically female but the idea that there’s some sort of scientific basis for a strict binary where there are only ever two options and people are only ever male or female is laughable. It’s utter bullshit and trying to force people into those boxes when they don’t fit does a hell of a lot more harm than good. Nothing positive comes from that kind of bigotry while actually being willing to accept people as they are or as they choose to identify has legitimately positive outcomes in the world.
The main source material for all of this comes from Anne Fausto-Sterling’s book Sexing the Body. She’s got a Ph.D. in biology so I’m pretty sure she knows what she’s talking about and I’m willing to bet she knows a hell of a lot more about this stuff than you do, dear anon. Try educating yourself instead of pretending that you’re an expert because you spent a few weeks learning the bare minimum of this material in high school at some point in your life.” -tumblr user rapeculturerealities
Throbbing Gristle - “Discipline” Live
"i wish stupid people didn’t reproduce" is how the liberal expresses their yearning for eugenics in a socially acceptable way and it’s not cool to ever let them off the hook for that
also, “people should have to take an intelligence test to vote”
Apparently forgetting that that’s already been done and it was terrible and racist as fuck.
especially since the “intelligence test” might be something along the lines of “how many bubbles are in a bar of soap”
By mistake i delated this picture. I’m such an idiot.
This was meant to be a quick warm up, but it turned into a comic that I’ve wanted to draw for a while. This is something that is extremely important to me, and I appreciate it if you read it.
A while ago, I heard a story that broke my heart. A family went a cat shelter to adopt. The daughter fell in love with a 3-legged cat. The father straight up said “absolutely not”. Because he was missing a leg. That cat was that close to having a family that loved him, but the missing leg held him back. Why?!
Many people have the initial instinct of “nope” when they see an imperfect animal. I get it, but less-adoptable does NOT mean less loveable. 9 out of 10 people will choose a kitten over an adult cat. And those 10% that would get an adult cat often overlook “different” animals.
All I want people to do is be open to the idea of having a “different” pet in their lives. Choose the pet that you fall in love with, but at least give all of them a fair shot at winning your heart.
Don’t dismiss them, they deserve a loving home just as much as any other cat. They still purr, they still love a warm lap, they still play, they still love you. Trust me, next time you are in the market for a new kitty, just go over to that one cat that’s missing an eye and see what he’s all about!
Let me tell to you a thing.
This is Lenore. I first saw her in a little cage at the Petco I frequent (I used to take my parents’ dog in for puppy play time), and she looked like the grouchiest, old, crotchety cat in the world, and I fell instantly in love. She was cranky, she was anti-social, hanging out at the back of her cage. Her fur was matted because she wouldn’t let the groomers near her.
She was perfect.
But I didn’t have a place for her. I wasn’t living in my own space yet, and where I was, I wasn’t allowed cats. So I pressed my face to the bars of her cage and I promised that if no one had adopted her by the time I’d bought a house, I would come back for her.
I visited her every week for over six months while I looked for a house. At one point, they had to just shave her entire rear-end because the mats or fur were so bad. They told me she clawed the heck outta the groomer that did it, screamed the entire time, and spent the next two days growling at anyone that came near the cage.
A couple of weeks later, I closed on my house. I went back and I got an employee, and I said: “That one. I need that cat.”
They got the paperwork and the lady who ran the rescue that was bringing the cats in told me that Lenore (at the time, Lila) was 8 years old, had been owned by an elderly lady who had died, and brought in to a different rescue, who’d had her for six months on top of the time I’d been seeing her at Petco.
This kitty had been living in a 3x3’ cube for over a YEAR because she was older and “less adoptable.”
I signed the paperwork, put her in a cat carrier, and drove her to my new home. I had pretty much nothing; a bed, an old couch, a couple of bookcases, and a tank of mice I called “Cat TV”. I let her out of the carrier and onto my bed, and I told her “I told you I would come back for you when I had a place. It’s not much, but it’s yours too now.”
Lenore spent the next three days straight purring non-stop. She followed me around the house purring. Sat next to me purring. Slept next to me purring. Leaning into every touch, purring, purring, always purring. She still purrs if you so much as think about petting her. She’s amazing, and I love her.
So, you know, if you’re thinking about adopting, and you see a beast that others consider “less adoptable,” think about Lenore.
IM CRYING I LOVE CATS FUUUUCK
The cat who saved my life and sanity and was the most loving creature I ever met was an adult kitty adoptee, neurotic, and shortly after she came into my life, diagnosed with diabetes. And she was the best.
If and when I get another, definitely gonna be an adult adoption, and I’ll know my new kittyfriend when I meet them, no matter what issues they may have.
how much can a whale ejaculate????
The average whale usually ejaculates as much as 300 gallons of semen.
Lmaoo their faces.
Deadass serious and the flash was timed perfectly. Comedically speaking.
Lol that sat there and let him break in and be disappointed.
the kid on the left’s tho lol
kid on the left is suave and refined as shit goddamn
But the solemnly judgemental eyes of the driver are what gets me
THIS IS SO COOL
such an eerie good comic. so good.
Have you ever wanted to hide under your blankets and cut onions at the same time? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!